Ruptured Brain Aneurysm: 8 things that trigger the risk of having it.
People are confused about the cause and symptoms of a brain aneurysm and stroke. A brain aneurysm happens in the largest artery of the body named aorta and also in the brain. This condition leads to stroke, occurs when the brain cells die because of lack of oxygen in the blood supply. An aneurysm could occur in different parts of the body but the primary cause of death occurs in the brain that leads to stroke.
American Heart Association (AHA) journal published that scientists discover the 8 main factors the contributes to the risk of a ruptured brain aneurysm.
According to Dr. Monique Vlak, an author from University Medical Center in the Netherlands said, “All of the triggers induce a sudden and short increase in blood pressure, which seems a possible common cause for aneurysmal rupture.”
8 Factors That Trigger The Risk Of Raptured Brain Aneurysm:
1. Anger – Anger could cause a seven-fold increase in brain bleeding. Intense emotion triggers the increase in high blood pressure and ruptured brain aneurysm.
2. Being Surprised – Research says that 2.7 percent attributable risk of an aneurysm comes from being surprised or startled. Watching horror movies or experience scary situations could lead to an aneurysm.
3. Drinking Soda – Research says that drinking cola could increase the risk of experiencing aneurysm an hour after consumption.
4. Forcing to defecate – Straining to release feces could increase the risk of experiencing ruptured aneurysm. Doctors recommend treating a constipated patient with a brain aneurysm with a laxative, avoiding the chances of subarachnoid hemorrhage.
5. Sexual intercourse – Sex could increase high blood pressure and lead to brain bleed thought it gives pleasure. If you experience a headache after sex, better see a doctor.
6. Blowing the nose – Blowing off your nose may lead to a brain aneurysm because it temporarily increases the intracranial pressure inside your brain. These are the common activities that contribute to the risk of an aneurysm and that includes sneezing and coughing too.
7. Strenuous physical activity – Too much pressure from a strenuous workout and heavy lifting may rupture the blood vessel wall of the brain that will lead to a brain aneurysm. Better consult or be guide what workout activities best for you.
8. Coffee drinking – Believe it or not, drinking coffee could lead to an aneurysm. People with weak blood vessels are ones affected by this factor. It increases blood pressure that leads to arterial wall to rapture.
It is really hard to say that someone experienced a brain aneurysm. For some cases, symptoms could be a headache, stress, nausea, vomiting, difficulty in speaking, weakness, blurred or double vision, and numbness.